The UFCW 227 Foundation is pleased to announce five (5) $2,000 scholarships for students pursuing post-secondary education during the Fall 2016 Semester. UFCW Local 227 members, their spouses, and dependants that desire financial assistance are eligible to apply.
Scholarships will be awarded to traditional and non-traditional students attending a four year college or university. Scholarships will also be awarded to traditional and non-traditional students attending a two-year community college, technical, or trade school.
- All applicants must have completed the application/admission process to an accredited institution of higher learning in Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, or Southern Illinois by March 09, 2016
- Complete the entire scholarship application, including a persuasive letter, and supply supported materials as listed
- Mail the completed application, postmarked by March 09, 2016
- Be at least a one-year member of UFCW Local 227 or the child, legal dependant, or spouse of a one-year member of UFCW Local 227 as of March 09, 2016
- Have a 2.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in high school
- Be a high school senior who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (2015-2016) or currently enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Be at least a one-year member of UFCW Local 227
- Have been out of high school at least one year. (If you have earned a GED, you may have done so within the past year, however you must have been out of high school at least one year.)
Please contact Amy Brewer at 800-443-5191 or 502-582-3508 ext. 162 to have an application packet sent to you.
Mail your application to:
Dr. Scott Hunt
School of Justice Studies
Eastern Kentucky University
College of Justice and Safety
521 Lancaster Avenue
467 Stratton Building
Richmond, Kentucky 40475
Your application must be postmarked by March 09, 2016
This is a continuing effort to assist members of UFCW Local 227, their spouses and their dependants in furthering their education. UFCW Local 227 members participate and hold various fundraisers to make these scholarships possible.
Leave a Reply