The UFCW 227 Foundation is pleased to announce five (5) $2,000 scholarships for students pursuing post-secondary education during the Fall 2017 Semester. UFCW Local 227 members, their spouses, and dependants that desire financial assistance are eligible to apply.
Scholarships will be awarded to traditional and non-traditional students attending a four year college or university. Scholarships will also be awarded to traditional and non-traditional students attending a two-year community college, technical, or trade school.
- All applicants must have completed the application/admission process to an accredited institution of higher learning in Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, or Southern Illinois by March 09, 2017
- Complete the entire scholarship application, including a persuasive letter, and supply supported materials as listed
- Mail the completed application, postmarked by March 09, 2017
- Be at least a one-year member of UFCW Local 227 or the child, legal dependant, or spouse of a one-year member of UFCW Local 227 as of March 09, 2017
- Have a 2.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in high school
- Be a high school senior who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (2016-2017) or currently enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Be at least a one-year member of UFCW Local 227
- Have been out of high school at least one year. (If you have earned a GED, you may have done so within the past year, however you must have been out of high school at least one year.)
Please contact Amy Brewer at 800-443-5191 or 502-582-3508 ext. 162 to have an application packet sent to you.
Mail your application to:
Dr. Avery Kolers
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Your application must be postmarked by March 09, 2017.
3 Responses to “2017 Scholarship Applications Available”
Leave a Reply