Through the generous contributions of our members and community partners UFCW 227 was this years Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk Presenting Sponsor. Over 200 UFCW 227 members and their families came out to walk on our team in Louisville and Lexington in 2016.
UFCW 227 President Bob Blair worked hard with Light the Night Walk Chair John King to help promote the walk to the community. Because of his efforts the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society has asked Bob to be the official Walk Chair in 2017! We look forward to building Team UFCW 227 as we join together in the fight to end cancer.
Funds raised at the Light the Night Walks in Louisville stay here in our communities and support:
- Lifesaving cancer research
- Financial assistance to cover patient expenses for medication, testing and travel
- Free educational materials and events
- Programs such as the Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection Program and Family Support Groups
- Advocacy for better treatments and healthcare reform
- Comprehensive, personalized assistance through our Information Resource Center
- Access to research and clinical trials